Thursday, December 31, 2009

Legend... but no dairy...

Firstly a massive thank you to everybody who has given me suggestions. There's some very interesting challenges that I look forward to trying further down the line but please keep sending me on different challenges because more variety means more interesting, albeit stupid, things for me to do! To leave a challenge or comment- just click the 'comments' button below and leave a message (you'll be surprised at the number of times I've been asked that!) 


Currently I'm learning how to make this site more interesting and interactive. Right now I've embedded a new sexy 'calendar' of future events with potential challenge dates. Obviously nothing can be strictly set in stone at the moment, and part of this whole escapade is 'not' to bind myself to a strict regiment. So expect date changes etc etc blah blah.


I'm also trying to incorporate a sexy 'list' of challenges given, accepted and completed so that you can view what has been suggested by other people... I'll let you know when I figure out how it works.



I decided to start myself off with a interesting challenge: being a vegan for a week or better phrased as becoming a follower of "veganism." The vegan society define this as: "a philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude — as far as is possible and practical — all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment. In dietary terms it denotes the practice of dispensing with all products derived wholly or partly from animals."


This long winded definition can be summarized to say the following...


1.) No food that is, or came from, an animal.
2.) No clothing that involved causing harm to an animal.
3.) No products tested on animals.


My first sexy challenge will be to do the following starting on Jan 4th and running till Jan 8th


* Obey points 1-3 above.
* Cook a vegan dinner for somebody else at least one night in the week.


Basically I haven't exactly decided the format of this whole fiasco, realistically it's not possible for me to blog daily so I'll probably just blog upon completion, or epic fail, of the challenge. 


How hard do I think this challenge will be? Well, Homer tackles a similar issue head-on with Lisa...


LISA: “I’m going to become a vegetarian”
HOMER: “Does that mean you’re not going to eat any pork?” 
LISE: “Yes” 
HOMER: “Bacon?” 
LISA: “Yes Dad"
HOMER: "Ham?”
LISA: “Dad all those meats come from the same animal”
HOMER: “Right Lisa, some wonderful, magical animal!”"
                             - Season 7 - Lisa the vegetarian



The Simpsons - 705 Lisa the Vegetarian





11 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the first challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hows the first challenge going Stevie G?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my actual blog, maybe posting comments from it will actually encourage me to update it once in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Steve hows week one going for you ?

    You should be able to add that "sexy list" in Customize/Layout/Add a Gagdget/ you should see "List" under the Basics tab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, that's an idea. I'm following your punishment blog, or whatever it is...
    good luck!
    PL ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you're the crazy college guy ....your blog was linked in the first paragraph of the post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I was vegan for a week once. It was so difficult! I think you may like my new blog: http://jodisagorin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Steve,

    Week One almost finished. Wheres your updates at all?

    Anyways, good to see you got the list taken care of. I have a few more ideas for you:

    * write only in lowercase letters
    * Tell at lease one person each day how much you appreciate them
    * Do not eat sugar for a week
    * Make dinner for everyone in the house each evening
    * Make someone's wish come true
    * Make a video and post it on YouTube, maybe you could tie this in with item 1 on the list ?
    * Bake something everyday and bring it to someone else
    * Set your mobile phone to a language you'd like to learn
    * Go busking
    * Grow a mustache
    * Make lunch for a friend at work every day

    Have Fun !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Speak in a different accent everyday for a week. Act as if it is completely normal and if someone notices act like you think they are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Steve, Good Luck with the challenges! Here's a few more:

    Don't say ANYTHING negative about anyone for a week.

    Learn to play the bagpipes.

    Commit the seven deadly sins in a week.

    Be a busker for a week.

    Travel through all 32 counties in a week.

    Have someone make ALL your decisions for you for a week.

    Complete a 2000 piece jigsaw puzzle in a week.

    ReplyDelete