Monday, June 7, 2010

Diablo thy name be Diabolo...

Challenge: Learn some basic tricks on the DIABOLO...

Difficulty: 5/5

Skills Developed: A devout unrelenting hatred for the diabolo.

Overview/Rant: Firstly- I would have saved hours (days) of timewasting had I correctly learned how to spell the diabolo... my research did bring me back to the original Diablo game, which quite frankly, is better in so many ways than the diabolo. I mean- it had FIREWALL (see below) an entire WALL of FIRE (the writers had a tough day coming up with a name for that spell)... but, seriously, how awesome is that?! Does Diabolo have FIREWALL?! I think not.

The diabolo is also known as 'the devil on two sticks.' I attempted with great gusto to accomplish one single trick on the diabolo... I failed... miserably... I WAS going to record what I'd learned but the video would have only lasted about 2 seconds... including set up time. It was frustrating and soul destroying. Anyone that attempts this should have there head examined. Never in the history of the world has anything as frustrating as the diabolo been invented.

Conclusion: Shit- I've already covered my conclusion in the Overview/Rant section... um... this challenge was challenging and hateful in so many ways. I almost cried. Happy?

Random shit: I finished my Post Graduate Diploma in Education! Fully qualified now (got a first!!!). I also got a JOB... in Kuwait (holy shit)... and I watched through all 21 current existing episodes of Glee -it was inevitable... which leads me too...

Challenge next week: Get a group of singers together. Rehearse and record a song 'Glee' style. Anyone wanna volunteer to join then just leave a comment. Any song ideas? Then leave a comment... and on that note...

3 comments:

  1. Stay away from Diabolo, got it :D

    What kind of songs do you want? Any particular genre that would be easier than others or just any uber amazing song?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any amazing uber song. The more amazing the better! :D But especially one that would sound good sung by a group...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well anything by Queen would be good and doable as a group (You're my Best Friend or Bohemian Rhapsody could be awesome). Would love to see Thin Lizzy - Dancing in the Moonlight. Taylor Swift - Love Story. Beach Boys - God Only Knows. Elton John - Rocket Man...

    There's way too many possibilities. And its your vision :-P Depends on how challenging you want to make it too... Good Luck I guess :D

    ReplyDelete